Sunday, January 3, 2010

Resolve

So, today, really, I am supposed to be working. I have a load of things that I have been trying to get done now for weeks at work, and you know how things go during the holidays, there is just so much more to think about and do. My beloved friends and family, and alas, my poor husband have been around for the endless agony that I have had over my job this year. Truely, I feel like there is no other way to describe it. It has not been a year of pats on the back, a year of truthfulness, or a year of general peace for me. To say the least, it has been a very difficult year, and it has been emotionally and physically draining. So, today, as I am working and researching a very basic question, I had a realization...and drafted a post meant for a blog about how difficult it is to remember the core of a business when things are not so great. However, I must say that I don't think I will ever post it, nor will I let the good future home buyers read said post, I have to share with those I love, and who, even though I have been the worst of worst, and dread of dread to speak to know that I have finally come to the realization that I have lost a year of my professional life to "unhappiness". Something that I can never get back, and I feel like I should go hide under a rock after admitting that, but one of the things I think that makes a highly effective person is being able to look back and think "you idiot" and then begin again, not making the same mistakes, but trying to make tomorrow better then today was.

Whatever I do I am going to make this a better professional year for myself, I owe it to you all for being such a ornery, whiney friend. AND as I was thinking of my resolutions for the new year, and closing out 2009, I was thinking "you idiot".




No comments:

Post a Comment