Thursday, May 27, 2010

Niagra Falls



So last weekend it was Buffalo, New York that we traveled too. Not as clean as Manchester was, but still beautiful. I had quite the moment in one of my Thursday classes when I asked the scrapbookers who had traveled the farthest, and one said "I'm from Canada" and I promptly said "WOW! I think you win" and a few of the ladies started to snicker. Thankfully this wonderful scrapbook sister said "Ummm....probably not, I just drove an hour to get here."
Maybe I should take geography again....????
Here are some photo's of our grand adventure on Sunday to Niagra falls.

Todd, Jennie and I. Stacy was behind the camera. The wind and mist was wicked right here.
This was absolutely breathtaking...It is not something that you can describe...
Do you see the people on the lower right hand side of the photo walking up the board walks...I was glad we were in a boat....
Check out the boat in the mist.
A few of us were conversing on the way to the falls...the other smarter people were sleeping. :) Todd says to Stacy (the only person who had seen the falls before) "I'm having a really hard time picturing this....is it just like a big hole?" (keep in mind we are driving through VERY FLAT country. As Todd brought this up I perked up and said... "Ya, there are no mountain anywhere...this isn't just a creek is it?" Again...my filter seemed to be broken.
After the laughter stopped, Stacy assured us that yes, it was just a hole in the ground, but a REALLY big hole. She then assured me that it was more then a water trough.

"We're not in Kansas any more Toto."

2 comments:

  1. I have always wanted to go here and I am determined to go eventually! It looks amazing but I know the pictures can't do it justice! Does your hubby get to travel with you or is it for work? Sounds like you are having a lot of fun adventures lately!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you! Yes, the photo's don't do it justice, it was fantastic. I travel for work, so no my hubby doesn't get to come along. I miss him every time we go out and sight see though! Hope the baby comes soon!

    ReplyDelete