Thursday, February 10, 2011

Be My Valentine...




Every once in a while there is a glimmer of hope that these two really do love each other. Those moments are few and far between and are not easily captured.

We needed some color in our Valentine life the other day, so after I picked Mr. Bywater up at the airport from one of his many trips this month I claimed we needed milk, and came out of the store with these little delights.
Tulips scream spring, and that is a little of what I need right now. :) Who couldn't use a little reminder right now.
This morning I went out the the car at an hour that really shouldn't exist (again Mr. Bywater off to one of his many meetings in another state) only to turn on the car and see that the temperature was 6 degrees below zero. That is right folks, add the wind and you have 15 below zero (courtesy of the news this morning.) Our car finally warmed up when we got to the airport. Now, had I known it was going to be that cold I would have stayed in bed, but the fact of not having a car all day leads to a bit of a trapped sensation. Needless to say it has been a cold week. I got all this gusto on Monday (not normal) to take Olive for a walk, lets just say the poor dog has been shut inside with me because I finally decided it wasn't fun to walk in frigid temperatures. Anyway, back to having gusto...my gusto only lasted until the end of the driveway to our condo. I found I was shivering, that makes for an interesting walk. I gave up my gusto and Olive sadly hung her head as we turned and headed for home again.
And just think...last year at this time we were in Costa Rica....

No comments:

Post a Comment