Sunday, March 11, 2012

1/2

Elsi turned six months old last week (hang on while I grab a tissue.) Please tell me that I am normal to have a birthday party when you turn six months old? Anyway, time goes by so quickly... each stage that she goes through I try and not think about the next stage (can you tell, I let her chew on tulips) I make a conscious effort to enjoy the stage we're in. I have this new mantra because I found myself wishing a few stages ago that my sweet baby would sit up so she could see the world on her own...and the next thing I knew she was, and I was reduced to a sobbing mamma because she is growing up so fast, and she no longer needed me to hold her to see things (hang on while I grab the whole role of toilet paper.) I also have felt on more then one instance that I was so unbelievably lucky to be able to see all of this.
This little one is not so little, we had her in the doctor recently and she is pushing the 18 lb. range. She is wearing 9 month clothing, and acting like she's 29 ( I am going to stop there or I will also have to go get the roll of paper towels.)
Back to the party...
We partied....the best way we know how to party....
With hats...
Cake....
And Dad...

What more could a six month old want?
P.S. She was not a fan of the cupcake...As far as eating it was concerned. :)

2 comments:

  1. I think that's just a Mom thing! I've been wishing for new stages with Logan since he was first born. He's now a month and a half from one and I'm a wreck! Happy six months to Elsi! The next six months will fly by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the hat! Happy 1/2 birthday Elsi!

    ReplyDelete