Saturday, March 10, 2012

Comings and goings, mixed in with Mommy musings

When Elsi is 16 and reads these she will roll her eyes and tell me what a sappy mom I am, I am sure of it because she is much much like her daddy these days. Mr. Bywater is great, don't get me wrong, great enough to have a baby with, but he and his daughter in the very near future I think will be ganging up on me. We have been pretty busy around here. With our trip to Utah and our daddy at work a lot, mom and Elsi clamor to our friends house looking for conversation and other kids. This baby girl certainly loves the kids. Our friend Reagan is by far our favorite...
Not only does Regan like a good pronoun, Reagan loves to take care of Elsi, she reads to her, and is just a great little friend.
Thank you to our friends the Smiths for letting us borrow Regan so much.
We have been eating like crazy around here, which makes mom's heart happy. Although the formula budget is way, way up, and I am always amazed with how much money we actually spend on food. Seems crazy to me that a Costco size container only lasts nine days, but at least she is eating.
We have regular days of this...
Messy faces, cereal everywhere but in our mouths, and the always famous sneeze or cough in the middle of a mouthful of dinner. Elsi gets very distracted when she eats. Just like her dad...if the TV is on, you will have green beans everywhere and a child doing this...
This is a face that I see often, both from Mr. Bywater and Miss Elsi. It's cuter on Elsi, but makes me wonder what is going on in their heads.

Here are some funny stories just to prove that she is her daddy, I unfortunately am a new mother, so I was very focused on getting things, meaning my house, put back together, and have no photo's of the mess she made. I am still working on it folks...
I usually put the darling little one in her bumbo on our kitchen table while I get her food ready (I haven't grown those extra arms I need yet), one night I was doing just that and I heard all sorts of tearing and rustling. I rushed into the dining room to find the napkin holder (the very one I moved clear to the end of the table) on the ground and all the napkins spread all over and one being ripped apart by the Miss.
2nd story, Elsi is a reacher...obviously, so I am slowly learning that I can't have a thing on anything. :) I had just gotten some tulips, we (Elsi and I) had put several in vases all over the house (can we say spring fever here??) and I had just put her in her seat so that I could divy out our portion of green beans. I heard a rucus (very normal from her) and came back into the dining room to the Miss having tipped over the vase of tulips. I wish the story was over, but it's not. She was splashing in the water from the vase with her heal and had a tulip stuck in her mouth.
Both times my life flashed forward before my eyes, and I say myself as a ragged mother chasing this little one and her daddy....help me. Good thing they are both worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment