Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Girls Camp


Well, I made it...there and back :) And Whitney only looked at me questioning the reliability of the vehicle once. Although everyone knew when we pulled into camp we just kept on "trucking"
Ha Ha....
So, here is a quick run through of camp...I don't have children to blog about, so this is the closest thing I can find, and let's be honest, I was the mother for a week!


The lake was on everyone's list of fun....and us leaders (two parents and I ) got to get in a paddle boat. Despite accounts of the experience, even though I was in the middle, I still had paddles!

We made dresses out of newspaper and duct tape...this was a riot, all of the girls put a price tag on their dress.



Yes my dear friends and family...that is me on a wire 30 feet above the ground, I couldn't let the girls have all the fun at the ropes course!





Here we are getting ready to leave for our overnight hike. So, we didn't think that we were going to be able to go on this. When I left Monday morning I still didn't have enough priesthood leaders. Needless to say things worked themselves out and we went. We hiked about a mile to a meadow, had dinner, played tricks on Scott and Matt and then went to bed and didn't sleep all night. Well the leaders didn't anyway, the girls "had the best night of sleep in my life". We were cold, had some very large hooved animals come through our camp, and some tiny creatures at the bottom of our tent, but best of all was the 50 pounds on our backs...and notice I have the map....that was scary....
Unfortunately when I stepped out of the tent when it was finally morning, there was a lot of laughter...I have come to realize (and so has Scoot) when I have sleepless nights my hair takes the brunt of it. Good thing I was the only one with a camera, and would not surrender it.
(from left to right: Scott, Whitney, Matt, Kisandra, and me)


Happy Trails to all. We are thrilled to be going home to REAL mattresses!

(left to right: Whitney, Rachelle, and Brianna)

No comments:

Post a Comment