Thursday, November 18, 2010

"Katch"- Up and a Few "grateful for"

I just got back from a great scrapbook convention in Seattle. The last CKC of the year! It really seems crazy that we are done for the year, and that means that I have worked for them for a year...weird?!? More on that later... (Mr. Scott has to find the cord for the camera...please let's all pray it is not in the storage unit...or we won't hear about it later :) )

So, I just had a few musings I wanted to share. I am in another grateful mood, and have started putting down thoughts for our Holiday cards and letter. I used to think my mother was such a goober for sending holiday letters telling everyone all about the goings on in the Bolander house- I guess I thought we were pretty boring. However, as I have started said letter I am so grateful that I have family and wonderful friends to send it too! This year has been one heck of a year (that sounds very countryish) for us, and I am happy to tell anyone who will listen about it I guess!
Okay, so here are a few things we have been doing...
Voting
I love Mr. Scott's face here... It really says everything about voting this year....I have never witnessed, or maybe noticed is the word how mean politics is!! We stopped turning on the TV for a few weeks because the only commercials were slamming opponents and then politely telling voters who they should vote for. It was rough. Scott and I stared at each other for two weeks...
Then the day after we voted I read an article on the fact that many voters went to the poles unhappy with their choices. I was just grateful that Mr. Bywater and I had the opportunity to vote.

Things have turned cold here, and by cold I mean cold! My fingers are quite cold as I type this (our little home gets minus five stars for an energy star rating) and the sun came out for a few moments today (of course this was after Miss Olive and I went for our daily walk) and then disappeared, but I am grateful for afternoon sunshine coming in the windows
After I took this photo I sat in that square on the floor of my kitchen for a while to warm up. And yes Dad, I AM wearing socks, A long sleeve shirt, AND a sweater. BUT as much as I would like to tell you all that I will turn up the heat in this place, I am still my fathers daughter, so I just cook dinner....which leads me to my next "grateful for"
Cooking!
Never thought I would say that! But as I spend more time in my home I have found that this is the little oasis of my day. AND provides some heat. I stood in front of the stove with the door open yesterday as the lasagna cooked just because I could. BUT I am grateful for the Shelbi Crocker that has come out in me.

3 comments:

  1. LOL! I love this post! Hope you are doing well and are somewhat warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're funny. I'm sure your Christmas letter will be funny. AND....turn on the damn heat child!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol...some how a lot of you reminds me of me...I have also started one of those silly Christmas letters for the first time ever...and though I am in Texas and we wake up to the house being 64...we just cook:) LOL!! Love I am not the only one...I love this post and glad you guys are doing well.

    ReplyDelete