Monday, March 14, 2011

Catching Up

It seems lately like Catching Up is always my main focus these days. Which, those who know me really think that weird, and I agree with you folks, it is weird. But if you noticed the last post about Scott and I expecting our first baby in September this year it may all make sense. I have to say, I don't know how that gives me an excuse, but I tend to be harder on myself.
Sick would be the main word I would use to describe this pregnancy business. Sick, Sick, Sick. And just so you know, when the books and the doctor tell you it should pass...I say where's your information coming from. I am officially 15 weeks along, and the sickness hasn't stopped. Sweet Mr. Bywater asked me last night after I dragged myself off the sofa to eat something if I was happy to be pregnant. My answer: " No, I was just wondering when this will be over." I immediately felt badly and the little peanut ultrasound photo hanging on our fridge caught my eye, and I said I was sorry. Then as the toilet and I were having a DTR (determine the relationship) discussion last night I took that sorry back and went to bed with it.
I do have to say however, that my sweet husband has been so gracious and wonderful about taking care of me. He is always asking me how I am feeling and indulging me when I know he would like something other then macaroni and cheese or pizza. And he tells me daily how "hot" I am, not that I believe him because I surely feel like a whale of a gal, but I know he loves me anyway. He sweetly talks to the baby and his favorite question to ask me is "have you eaten anything." How did I get so lucky?
My family has been great as well. My dad called me the other day, nearly knocked my socks off. :) He wanted to know how I was doing and if I needed some more of his chocolate covered raisins (my mother gave them to him for Valentines Day and when I was in Utah a few weeks ago I kept creeping out to my dad's shop to get a handful. He caught me and we had a good laugh) My mother is thrilled, my brothers think it is great, and my sister fields all of my panicked calls and questions. My in laws spoil me and my mother in law is always the voice of reason as I complain. Then my sweet sister in law Kristin was gracious enough to provide us with this darling playmate for our little one... his name is Marcus Steven, and even though we haven't seen him yet, we love him already.
More to come...

1 comment:

  1. I am so sorry to hear that you have been so sick. I know how awful that is! I was sick with both pregnancies! I never felt better with Caden. I didn't have that wonderful 2nd trimester like they say most women have. It sucked! The only thing that got me through was the drug called Zofran. It dissolves under the tongue and works almost immediately. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't have been able to teach my students. Good luck with everything! I hope you start feeling better soon! Oh and believe me when I say, it will all be worth it! :-)

    ReplyDelete