Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Seminary and Strechy Pants RIP

I have a new calling. Every morning I drag my body out of bed at 5:00 A.M. to get ready for Seminary. I am now the constant substitute for our early morning seminary out here. I do have to say that I was shocked about being called to this. I thought when my bishop asked me some time ago to be a substitute, that I would simply be substituting every once in a while, I also was not expecting a baby when I was asked, so I thought and I quote from the book of Shelbi "Oh! See, here is a way that the Lord is going to help me get back into the habit of being an early bird!" Beware of what you ask for in your prayers people.
I have a small class of just three kids. Pat, Sam, and Sarah. They are great kids, and have an understanding of the gospel that I know I did not at their age. We meet in Pat and Sam's parent's basement every morning at 6:00 A.M. We are studying the Doctrine and Covenants, something that they know much more about because most of them have been to Nauvoo and the church's historical sites that are so close to this area.
Are you noticing a trend here. Poor kids, this calling is much more for me then for them.
I have to admit that I do come home afterwords and go back to bed for another couple of hours. If not I spend my day on the sofa unable to move, and Scott eats his spit for dinner.
(my next scrapbook page is going to be called "the many faces of Mr. Bywater" - fitting I think)
Life is full of exciting things...5:00 A.M. and a pregnant lady are one of them.

On to the Stretchy Pants RIP part of this post. Sadly, I had a little going away party for my last "normal" pair of pants yesterday. I choose to wear them all day even though at every moment they were digging into junior's space. I had to explain to the baby that this was a mommy thing and to just give me this one last day.
So I had a going away party last night, and set up a plan for a larger party this weekend when I say good by to all the "normal" clothes in my closet as they take up residence in the storage unit.
We are having cake...
Happy Belated Birthday to my 17 year old littlest brother

1 comment:

  1. It is definitely a sad day when you say goodbye to all of your normal clothes during pregnancy! But think of all the cute new MATERNITY clothes you get to buy ;) ;)

    ReplyDelete