Sunday, November 27, 2011

NYC- Post 1

We were so excited to go to New York for Thanksgiving and spend some time with Scott's sister and her cute family that we scheduled a flight out at 6 am....what were we thinking!
Elsi and Daddy are pooped...

All went well on the plane, except for I get the mother of the year award for feeding Elsi just before we took off from our layover. Good thing I had a sweater on that I am not partial to, come to think of it I don't wear anything I am partial to these days. :) Anywho, we were so excited to get to Kristin's house! We love Mr. Marcus, and he and Elsi loved to play together i.e. Marcus loved to pull her bows off her head and grab her cute hands.
Or her head, whatever was available, he wasn't picky. So, here is the low down on how we do things in the Bywater family. Nadia and Jensen are 6 months apart and are great friends, so we figure because these two are six months apart they should be great friends too. When we layed them together on the sofa Marcus was maybe a 1/4" longer the Elsi, but you add his darling tummy and he has a little more to brag about. :)

Playing together- with mom's pink toes...ya, I should pay attention. :)
Scott and I had meant Marcus once when he was a few months old, so we absolutely loved getting to know this cute little guy.
And have I mentioned how much we miss Nadia?
We love her, she is growing up so fast and is this wonderful, helpful, beautiful girl. She could only be with us until Wednesday, so we made the best of our time together.

So, we played for a few days with the Daines family, and decided to have our Thanksgiving on Wednesday so that we could do the unthinkable...head into NYC for the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade with 3 Million other folks...
I am not really sure what my problem is (I just think good food overwhelms me honestly) but I only got pictures of the name plates I made for Thanksgiving, hey, don't judge, you were stuffing your face too.

So on Thursday we bundled the kiddo's and Scott up and headed downtown.
Here we are with our cute pink marshmallow waiting for the parade to start. Here is a great little story. We were standing on the sidewalk and up walked some folks to check out the parade, well, the next thing we know we look over and they are setting up ladders. That is right I said ladders. Needless to say they set their kids on the ladders and blocked everyone's view. Fantastic....
We got a tip from one of Kristin's friends to get into the M&M store and go up to the second floor for a better view.
Here we are headed up the escalator with other mobs of people...
I love the look on Mr. Bywater's face. Priceless...

No comments:

Post a Comment