Monday, September 20, 2010

The Drive




Onto the drive. We had planned to go a little slower on our 1,600 mile drive across country, but ended up getting to Chicago a day early! I think that was due to the fact that Scott wouldn’t let me stop at Buffalo Bills Wild West museum in Nevada. Bitter table for one here! :)

The dog and cats did soo well! We really lucked out. Here is the spot the cats choose in Wyoming.

Scott and Olive in Wyoming
Here was my view....for three days....

Nebraska was fine :) Predictable was the word my Dad used on the phone. I thought it was a perfect description. We did run into some weather in Nebraska, but it was just rain. The truck ran wonderfully, the car did too, and so did Scott and I. The animals did a great job too! They were quiet, and put up with the two hotel rooms that we slept in perfectly! I loved crossing the Misouri, and the Mississippi River. It was all I could do to keep my eyes on the road. We went through Shelby County Iowa, and the city of Shelby, Iowa (there is also a Shelby, Montana...just in case you’re wondering. Which I know you were.) We also went through Scott County Iowa too. I am not joking folks, it was mine and Scott’s week.
Here are some more photo’s of our drive.

Nebraska Sky




















We made it to Chicago a day earlier then we planned. I should have taken some shots of the house. Mr. Bywater’s a great furniture picker outer....The condo looked charming, and totally made his interior designer wife proud.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Shelby...this is your long lost Madrigal buddy Ashley :). I saw that you had a blog on facebook and it made me happy! Now I have a way of following your adventures! I'm glad you guys made it safely to Chicago. I'm sure you're gonna have awesome adventures! I ran into your mom at Frost, and she said you guys were super stoked to go. How exciting! Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea you had a blog! I'm so happy! Now I get to see all your fun adventures in Chicago. I hope you are loving it there. Are you still working for your same company? I remember you saying you were hoping to.... anyway, glad you guys made it safe and everything is going well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found your blog on facebook. I hope it is ok... I would love to follow it. I am glad that you made it safe. Your adventure will be so fun. We have found that we are really liking Texas. Crazy that we both move out of state at the same time. Feel free to visit our blog at kampparadise.blogspot.com Happy trails
    ~Ke'ara

    ReplyDelete