Thursday, April 21, 2011

Arizona

The last few weeks have been full of traveling fun. Maybe that is why I am so exhausted this week, oh wait that is because I am growing another person in me... :)
We had a show in Mesa, Arizona, and I somehow talked my mother and sister into coming for the show and to have a little visit with Stefen and Bree who live near Mesa. They drove for 12 fabulous hours, and I know that Jena loved every minute of it.... :)
We had such a good time hanging out by the pool, and having four of us cram into my hotel room, playing at the scrapbooking show, having great sisterly bonding time (if you haven't experienced Jena and I in the same room yet, you are missing out on life), and getting told who's turn it was to be the boss (that was Aniston's job...anyone shocked?? :) )
At Olive Garden Friday Night...Who knows what Jena was doing, the rest of us however, including Junior were anxiously awaiting food.
It was fantastic to be in 80 and 90 degree temperatures. The first thing I did when I got to Arizona was go to the pool, well okay, the first thing was eat, second was pool. We had a great time all weekend swimming and enjoying ourselves in the sun.
Junior and I enjoyed getting a tan. It is really hard to beleive that I am halfway done with this pregnancy business, it has gone by pretty quickly. I think we'll have another cake once it is over, okay, well Junior and I will anyway :)

Jena had a class with me on Saturday morning, and in normal Bolander fashion she was a minute late for the class. Well, a lot can be accomplished in a minute, so I used the time to set up a conspiracy and asked that all of the class attendee's clap when she came in. I should know by now that it is impossible to embarrass anyone in my family publicly. It was great to have her there however.
We ended up having a delicious dinner with Stefen and Bree on Sunday and hanging out at their apartment.
We stopped for some lunch at Sweet Cakes on Monday afternoon before Jena, Aniston, and my Mom dropped me off at the airport.
Fun times were had by all! It was very hard to leave on Monday because 1) it was 37 degrees in Chicago, and 2) I love my family, and it is hard for me not to have them around when I am in the middle of this life changing event. It is a good thing I have such a good husband that is so sweet, he makes up for all of those times I freak out and wish I had my mom's advise closer.

Signing off,
Shamu

1 comment:

  1. I'm totally jealous you went and enjoyed beautiful weather in Arizona! It definitely is warmer here than Chicago...so I really shouldn't complain. But it would be nice to pull out my summer attire and show up my cute polka dot toes!

    p.s. I think you look amazing...I wish I looked that awesome when I was that far along in my pregnancy...I really gave a new meaning to Shamu :)

    ReplyDelete