Monday, April 25, 2011

Easter Festivities

The festivities at our house this weekend were more focused on the little one. :) We did manage however to get in some time of our own. We were feeling a little lame because we had no plans, no candy (well okay, that is not true I am pregnant, and Scott is well....Scott), and no ham. Lame....
So Wednesday as I was rushing around trying to put food in the fridge and do the laundry I managed to sneak a few things into the shopping cart that would de-lame us as a couple, and redeem us in the eyes of the nieces and nephews.
Here is Mr. Bywater dying Easter eggs...

We had a great time together dying Easter eggs, and cleaning the house. Yes, the real truth is that we are so lame we needed a little Bywater around to force us to do the little things that we often forget.
These beauties were promptly turned into deviled eggs Sunday morning. I had a craving, and Mr. Bywater was an all too willing accomplice.
I will say that we love and miss our families the most on holidays, but we received a lovely phone message (well, several) on Saturday night to remind us that we were being thought of. Mr. Bywater always chooses the best gifts for the nieces and nephews, and this year was no exception. He found a toy cow and chick that would "moo" and "peep" and then poop Easter candy... Joyous...I just go along with these things and pray that my sister in law's and sister will have the fortitude to forgive us.
Farewell to our last Easter as a lame couple.

1 comment:

  1. Hahahahaha...after reading your blog for a bit...I doubt you guys could ever be a lame couple :). I do have to say, it was super fun getting an Easter basket ready for not only Tim, but our Emmy, and finding her a pretty Easter dress to wear to church. I'm so excited you're having a girl! They're the best to shop for...although sometimes I have to remind myself that Emmy doesn't need as many clothes as I would like to buy her :)

    Deviled eggs are yummy! What a good husband you have to make them for you. Glad you had a good Easter!

    ReplyDelete