Sunday, February 21, 2010

Zip Line- Day 4

Wow, check out that sunset! Seriously, every night/morning was just fabulous!
Okay, so today Scott and I scheduled a zip line tour. Now...let me tell you that I have never been one for heights. I was worse when I was younger, but as I have grown up I can actually stomach things and find beauty. So Scott and I arrived at the "Miss Sky" tour in Nosara at 8:00 a.m. sharp that morning. We were decked out in harnesses and helmets (to ward off the monkey's) and given a few instructions. Here we are happy to be in cute helmets...
So, then we were hurded into a cattle truck by a bunch of local boys and driven up a mountain. Here is a photo of the view when we stopped.
So, the anxiety was still held at bay, it was a beautiful trip. We then saw the first station, and really in this photo I am surprised you can't see my heart beating. It was...LOUDLY.
So, to explain said zip line, there was 6 miles of cables, that stretched over the top of the jungle. you went from station to station, your harness was hooked up to a things with wheels (the name has escaped my tiny mind)...see exhibit a
You then sat in your harness in the best aerodynamic position possible... see exhibit b
And then off you went....see exhibit c
Then, in you came to the next point...Here is some great footage that one of the guides helped us film. I believe he was supposed to catch up to me and scare me, but that didn't happen, I was too fast.
All of the guides and my husband were teasing me because I was a scardy cat and didn't speak any Spanish... so it was pick on Shelbi day.




We also went on a hike in the jungle and were shown some pretty cool fire ants, a cool plant that when you touched it's leaves they would come together to trap water, and bugs. And we got to see this cool waterfall. However, it was the dry season (as you can tell from the photo) so there wasn't much water there. We did have a slight wildlife scare...Here is another video. My parting line is great.


The guide jumped out of the bushes with a gorilla mask on. It was scary...to say the least. And I truly almost wet my pants.

The zip line was a fantastic experience! Scott and I were so glad that we went! More later! I think this post is already lots! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment