Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Jena Lynnie Bernice Matlida Bolander Jones


My sister turned 26 on Wednesday. I know....gasp.....that is old!!!
Being Jena's sister is a whirlwind...if I do say so myself. She has always been a whirlwind, a cross between Audry Hepburn, and the Tasmanian Devil (really, she would tell you that herself.) She is very refined and loves life, but can be very unreasonable and bossy 2 seconds later. I love it.
Jena and I had a tense little relationship growing up, we were always yelling at each other, and then one day we were best friends. I love my sister and truly believe that she would do anything for me or my family. Here are 26 (yes it was hard to come up with that many :) ) reasons I love my sister
1. She committed to the institution of being a mother before me, and Miss Aniston is really the twinkle in her eyes.

2. She went away from our family, and our way of life for a while. Let me explain that I have never had the kind of determination that my sister has, and so I honor her decision, and I am grateful for the experience to be her confidant during those difficult hours where she had to face the consequences of the choices she made. She did so with the utmost of grace might I add.

3. She loves me...even though I act like my mother

4. She taught me to sew

5. She taught me to swear...nicely

6. She loves me even though I am not as mature as she is :)

7. She was the girl in the family...I was content to be a tom boy

8. She is a nurse

9. She can birth babies, and assists lots of doctors and mommies

10. She has a wonderful heart

11. She is very loyal to her family

12. She is hot headed

13. She has great style

14. She is my best friend

15. She puts up with mine and my mothers emotions (For instance we usually can't sit through a movie without crying)

16. She helped my grandmother for many years as she got older

17. She loves babies, and still does. She put all of her baby dolls to bed every night until she was twelve, and she still does that in the nursery at Alta View hospital.

18. She loves her family

19. She understands people on a different level, and is not judgmental.

20. She Loves Aniston

21. She loves Chris

22. She makes the best of every situation.

23. She is always looking and working toward better things for her family

24. She can argue like a politician

25. She is always grateful

26. I love ya Jena!

No comments:

Post a Comment