Saturday, February 20, 2010

Day 3

I need to come up with some more exciting titles. :) I will work on that.
So the wedding day. We, well, we were calm, Matt and Kellie seemed a bit crazed, so we spent the day doing errands with them and our trusty translator that came with me exercised his services in making sure we had a lawyer to marry the happy couple.
So, the day began with a trip to the Super Nosara Market. Can I just say here that Scott was like a kid in a candy store every time we went to the store or the fruit truck came to the hotel.
Scott: "OHHH!"(he says something in Spanish to the guy that weighed your fruit in the market) and then comes away with this big block of something or other that is dark brown.
Shelbi: "Scott, what is that...that is huge...are you sure that we can eat it all before we go home?"
Scott: "Don't ask questions" (typical response) "You'll love it I promise, we used to have it all the time on my mission"
Might I add how funny I am sure we looked?!? Scott is a TOWER! So there was no possible way to loose him anywhere! He looked so out of place, and I am sure that is the way it was on his mission as well. Imagine this please, short me, following around this crazed white boy who speaks Spanish and has eyes that are glazed over, I am carrying two bottles of water, a supermarket basket full of stuff, and trying to keep up with my tower of a husband (I will admit that I was a little uncomfortable if I was left by myself, if someone came up to me my plan was to play dumb...like that was hard)

Anywho, we got things accomplished and then we relaxed for a bit at the house.
Great pic of the boys. From left to right: Scott, Dave , and Matt

We also had a mission today, other then seeing Matt and Kellie married, we were in charge of the coconuts. Let me explain... Matt and Kellie have a tradition on the 12th of February every year they drink from coconuts. When they met three years ago they did it, and then when they got engaged last year, and then married this year. SO, we had a bag full of coconuts, and we had to figure out the logistics to drink the coconuts after the wedding that night on the beach. So Scott went to our hotel owner to ask if he had something we could take to open to coconuts on the beach. Gale (hotel owner): "I have a machete (sp??) ...but too many fingers get cut off with those things, so I won't give it to you." Can I tell you I almost hugged this man! (by the way....because of who I married it is my job to take note of where the hospital is in the areas we go to...it's a nasty job, but someone's got to do it.) So we found a kitchen knife in the house....

and voila...we had coconut juice.
Here are some great photo's from the wedding. It was a beautiful sunset, and really could not have been a better day.

The happy couple, and the lawyer from Norsara.

The handsome and dashing ring bearer.
The coconut group with the happy couple. We finished the night off with a delicious meal at Rancho Tico. Again, just down the road passed the five streets and the grocery store. :)
The Happy Couple...
Congrats Matt and Kellie!

No comments:

Post a Comment