Friday, February 19, 2010

Day 2

Well, let me just say that sleeping in the jungle is not so easy, you love the sun and the heat, that works, but you wake up before the sunrise, AND you wake up to the smallest of birds making the LOUDEST of racket. It's great.

So today we had a boat tour scheduled. We were touring the two rivers in Norsara, the Rio Montana, and the Rio Nosara. So we tourist stumbbled down to the waters edge by 6:00 a.m. and yes we actually did find it.
Here are some photo's....

Our Guide...a lovely German man that was quite funny....
A tiger crab- held in my mother in law's face. I was worried a few times that she might go overboard. :)
One of the beautiful birds that was sunning itself and drying its feathers that morning
More birds
And then....we found these guys.....Can you see them??

This is the biggest Crocodile that we found, he was about 4 feet according to our guide, but we did see the den of a massive crocodile not to far from where we were...not my cup of tea, I'll tell ya. And apparently the locals swim in this river??!!?? That is beyond me. They were great far away and even better that they were so small! The boat tour was great, and it was nice to have someone point things out to us too!

So we also went to Costa Rica for a wedding. Matt and Kellie were going to be married on the beach the next day, so we went back to the hotel and hooked up with them to go stake out a place on the beach. Here we are ready to go!
While we were searching for a great place we found some food. So, let me say that I have never eaten more seafood in my life then I did on this vacation. My taste has changed as I have gotten older and deeper into the Bywater family, (if it hadn't changed I would have starved on multiple occasions) so I will admit that I have developed a love for seafood. These surprises that Scott and Matt ordered actually did taste pretty good.

That is right, here we have a whole fish, head, eyeballs,tail, fins and all. I am not very experienced when it comes to seafood, so I may have some laughing readers at my description, but I am pretty sure my jaw dropped when they brought these out.

Matt's fish

Scott's Fish
Funny conversation: Matt: "Scott, I dare you to eat the eyeball." Scott :(this is a classic Scott response by the way) " Okay, what will you give me if I do?" Matt: "The honor of having eaten a fishes eyeball" (Matt has obviously heard Scott's response before) Scott: "Hmm...."
Then there was silence as he poked out the fried eyeball and ate it. There was something in there too about "do I have to chew it or can I just swallow it." These brothers make me smile.

We had a dinner that night, with Kellie's family who had all come for the wedding as well, in honor of Matt and Kellie, and to get to know each other. We ate at this great restaurant called La Luna on the beach. It was beautiful.

The happy couple....

Here is a photo of Scott and I at sunset. It was amazing!


Okay, I am totally laughing, and have to say something about the hair. When you have Bolander hair (bone straight, no curl), and you take that and add humidity, you get frizz. Colleen and I were both laughing as we walked out the door because we were both frizzed, and there was nothing we could do about it.

2 comments:

  1. It looks like Costa Rica was beautiful and fun.....but I am still hung up on the fish that Scott and his brother ate :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, thank you, thank you for posting. You have no idea how hard it was for me to not be there. This helps so much. I am so glad you got to go and represent the family. We are lucky to have you two.

    ReplyDelete